The American Academy of Pediatrics has urged us to continue to see well patients, especially those in need of vaccinations.
If we do not continue to see and immunize well children, as a nation, we will be putting ourselves at risk for outbreaks of other diseases like measles and whooping cough.
Is it safe to come in to the office for a well-child visit?
JMA is making every effort to provide the safest environment possible for our newborns and well check-ups. We have implemented the following:
- All patients with fever, cough, congestion or sore throat are being seen at one of our drive-thru clinics or through a telemedicine visit.
- Only well patients are seen in-office.
- All staff are wearing appropriate protective equipment (masks, goggles, etc.) for their position.
- All staff have temperatures taken twice a day.
- All toys, magazines, etc. have been removed from all patient areas.
- We are regularly sanitizing all counters, tables, chairs, etc., as well as, sanitizing between patients in all exam rooms.
- Also, we require that patients, parents and visitors 3yrs of age and older wear a face covering or mask at all times, while in our office.