Maria P. Alexander, MD
MY NAME: Maria Alexander, MD, MPH
GOES BY: Dr. Alexander
- College of William and Mary, B.S. in Biology, 1994
- Rollins School of Public Health, Emory University, M.P.H. in International Health, 2000
Medical School: University of Florida, 2004
Residency: University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, 2007
THREE FUN FACTS ABOUT ME:
- I was born in Colombo, Sri Lanka, and moved with my family to London, Washington DC, Missouri, and Buffalo, before putting down roots in sunny Orlando.
- I love to travel! In the past 10 years, I’ve been to Australia, England, France, Wales, Sri Lanka, Austria, Ireland, Denmark, Iceland, Italy, and Canada and explored this great country. I can’t wait for my next adventure.
- My favorite pastime is riding horses – especially finding my “inner cowgirl” on dude ranches in the Grand Tetons, Banff and Colorado.
WHY DO YOU LOVE YOUR JOB?
Kids are amazing at every age! I love watching our patients grow up (although it does make me feel old).