Laura J. Oates, CPNP
MY NAME: Laura Oates
GOES BY: Laura or Mrs. Laura
- UNC Chapel Hill Bachelors of Science in Nursing 1998
- UNC Chapel Hill Masters of Science in Nursing 2014, Pediatric Nurse Practitioner
THREE FUN FACTS ABOUT ME:
- I am a Raleighite – I grew up here. I am a product of the magnet school system of which I was an initial student as a 2nd grader at Powell Elementary (the first ever year of Wake County’s Magnet Program), then to Ligon Middle, and I graduated from Enloe High School.
- My husband is also a Raleighite. We have 3 amazing children participating in multiple school & other team sports - currently middle & high school aged. We have summer swim team, football, basketball, wrestling, softball, volleyball and baseball. I am constantly amazed how each of them is so different from the other!
- I love to garden and be outside! As well as take care of our back yard chickens and sweet yellow lab Dixie, but I do not walk our chickens [there are people that do!]
WHY DO YOU LOVE YOUR JOB?
What isn’t to love?!? I get to make connections with families and their children – I get to watch these children grow into amazing adults. I am here to help parents in so many ways. I am here for them as a resource. As the kids get older, I am then there to counsel them as tweens and young adults. When they are sick, whether they be babies or teenagers, I do my best to assist them & their parents to know what to do & how to care for them.