Susan M. Kane, CPNP
MY NAME: Susan Kane
GOES BY: Susan or Mrs. Susan
- North Carolina State University–Bachelors of Science in Biochemistry 2003
- UNC Chapel Hill Bachelors of Science in Nursing 2006
Medical School: UNC Chapel Hill Masters of Science in Nursing 2013, Pediatric Nurse Practitioner
THREE FUN FACTS ABOUT ME:
- I am married to by best friend, Tim, and we have three wild and crazy boys, Ryan, Jackson and Ethan. They keep us busy form sun up to sun down and even some in between with sports, activities, etc. In addition to this, we have two dogs and a cat to add to the fun chaos which is our house.
- I love to cook and try new foods (but I hate the dishes). I will try anything at least once. Let me know if you ever have suggestions for new places to try.
- I love to travel and learn new things about the world. Some of the highlight on previous travels include hiking in the Himalayan mountains and seeing Mt. Everest (not actually climbing Mt. Everest and will never do this), seeing the pyramids and riding a boat down the Nile, and wandering through Mayan ruins in Central America.
WHY DO YOU LOVE YOUR JOB?
I love that I have the ability to have a positive impact on children’s lives and their families, every day. It can be from helping with a simple ear infection, to helping figure out a complex issue, to even just holding a hand when I am not able to do anything to help besides being supportive. I also love making the connections with the families and watching their children grow and thrive.